Night Sights for Day Use

Parshal

Inactive
Which night sights provide the best sight during day time? I've read a lot of topics on this board regarding night sights but only one or two sights were mentioned with regard to day time use.

Does anybody have any preferences?

Trijicons are good, but I like Meprolights better.

They are about the same as Trijicons in daylight -- a white ring around the tritium insert makes the sights easier to acquire -- but seem to glow a little more brightly at night.

You won't go wrong with either.

I have a set of Meprolights on my S&W 6906. After comparing them to a copuple of sets of Trijicons, I think the Meprolights show up a litle bit better in the daylight. Just an opinion, of course. :)

I like the Mepros the best. The glow bright green, (not too bright though) and seem to be very well made.

I use them on an HK USP40C and a G27.

X

i think i stand on pretty firm ground when i say that ashley express night sights are easiest to see in all light conditions. at night, you've got a bright green tritium dot- during the day, you've got a bright white golfball at the end of your gun.
i think the next best would be a tritium/fiberoptic that arotek offers for glocks- but thats just for glock, so it isn't really an equal player.
then the tritium inserts with the bright white outlines...
best,
joe

------------------
www.skdtac.com
tactical accessories for self-defense and le

Back