Night sights and S&W J frames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fury

Hi all,
I saw a really neat little S&W 442 that had a tritium insert in the front sight only. Does anyone have one of these? If so, how do you like it? It sure made that little front site show up well.

Thanks in advance,
Fury

Red Bull,
The gun I saw it on was a Magnaport modified piece, I really don't know who did the front sight. It also had a ported barrel on it. Sorry I can't tell ya more. :(

Fury

P-T IWI will inlay a green tritium dot in a factory front sight on those little J-frames. They will alos inlay a green bar under the rear notch. I worked on a better, though more expensive, system with them where the front sight is milled off and a black blade is dovetailed in. You get a high visibility black front sight, with a dot, that is also a night sight. They even bead blast the sight plane for you.

The Smith & Wesson Performance Center will install tritium inserts in customer's handguns. For recent production revolvers using pinned front sights, I suspect you could just buy a replacement sight with the insert already installed.

1-800-331-0852 ext. 2904

Jeff, are you talking a setup something like the Ashley Express sights with the "V" shaped rear sight? That would be cool!

The Dot and Bar set up for these wheelguns are very nice - they allow for a fast sight picture in low light. Its a worthy modification.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Red Bull, no there is not a separate piece for the rear sight. To cut a dovetail weakens the frame too much. In fact they will not install the rear on an alloy gun for the same reason. I know of one person who did have the Ashley dot put on his for a front sight, the rear is a small area milled out below the rear sight notch and a horizontal tritium bar put in. I know they can do the front for you, that is the important one anyway, turns out that they have a SIG front sight that is the correct height.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back