Nickel Plating a Pistol

nickel plating a pistol

Dear Sir,
We do the best work. we offer many finishes including bright, and satin e-nickel.
Gunsmoke Custom Guns
gunsmokeguns.com
Denver, Co
(303)456-4545
Daniel Churchill

Plug, Plug, Plug. Yes, if done right a nickle plating job is a good way to lower the maintenance of your new Pimp Gun. You might want to have the sights mounted on the right side of the frame so you can really shoot it like they do in the movies! :)

Honestly, be careful and read up on the different types of plating. Make sure the person that does it is reputable (read George) and has explained his process, prices, and guarantees and warranties before you let him touch your gun. Do an internet search for electroless nickel and hard chrome.

Note that you can ship your firearms directly to the Gunsmith through UPS (not the mail) and still remain legal.

Thanks guys, I am pretty sure my customer will not want to pay the price. I told him that I would check the price out and get back to him. He brought my an old no-name .32 revolver that is already plated, but the plating not in great shape.
The gun is times well and is still fairly tight. The problem is that the gun is not worth spit. So unless he has more money to throw away than I do, I am going to try to talk him out of it. He may still want it done though, he seems to like the old thing. I try to keep my customers from throwing away their money, but as long as I have advised them, it's safe, and if they insist, who am I to say no? Good Shooting to you all! John K

Stripping old nickel costs almost as much as plating it. Figure on doubling the price. If it isn't an $800 gun, tell him to deal with it like it is.

Some bore cleaner can also destroy nickel. Not sure if it will harm electroless nickel, but many warn against using on nickel.

Back