Nickel discolor

ruger357

Have a 950 jetfire in nickel. The grip front and backstrap are getting pretty discolored, any way of cleaning this?

Greetings ruger357; There is a product called
"Simichrome" sold at your local K-Mart that
works pretty darn well, in cleaning up firearms. This product is a paste, pink in color, and comes in a tube. It is very good
for cleaning up nickel and stainless handguns. Sorry, but I forget the cost; as I
haven't bought any in quite a few years.

Regards,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

PS: It can probably be found in the automotive accessories area of K-Mart?

Greetings,

I posted this same question here in regard to a nickeled Colt .380. The stuff that worked for me was Flitz metal polish, whose website is listed here at TFL under "Links." Most gunshops have it, and so do online places like Brownells.com.

You only need a tiny bit, and lots of gentle rubbing, to get nickel looking like new (well, pretty darn good, anyway). After that, use it every six or twelve months.

Good luck,

Ledbetter

There's a similar thread on another board (don't remember which) about a good polish. Flitz and Simichrome are the two always mentioned. From the thread I saw either works well, with Simichrome getting the most votes. Supposedly can find them also at Wal-Mart, some hardware stores, and auto parts stores. Hope that helps.

------------------
Regards - AZFred

[This message has been edited by Fred (edited July 13, 2000).]

Thanks to all.
Found some brass polish called Wright's the ex left behind.I gave it a shot and it works great. Again thank you for all your imput.

Back