Nice Taurus Gunshow Find

EIGHTYDUECE

This nice revolver caught my eye at the Gunshow today for $350. It is a 1994 Taurus Model 66 2 1/2" barrel .357. The blueing is 100%, minus a slight turn ring, lock up and time is great. I went straight to the range from the gunshow to test fire and look for any QC issues. It functions perfect. Very nice trigger in DA and SA. I fired Magtech .38 special 158gr. FMJ and Speer Golddot short barrel 135gr. .357 Mag. The grips felt fine even with the magnums. I think this one will be my new bedside "bump-in-the-night" handgun.

I had a real nice Taurus 441 .44 special 4" barrel years ago that I liked a lot. A friend talked me out of it. Back then I was bummed at the price of .44 special ammo. It sure was pretty and shot great. I always wanted another in .38/.357. Today I finally found one in the same condition.

Taurus does have its well deserved QC reputation, but it has been my experience that when you find a good one, they are very nice.

20171028_171242b.jpg

20171028_171154a.jpg

Last edited:
I've owned three or four Taurus revolvers from that time period and have never seen a thing wrong with them. Let's see...a 66 (seven shot), a 65, an 85, and a 94. All good solid guns. And a 96 now that I think of it...and a 431.

I admit that I didn't fire any of them extensively. They came at a good price, and were used for trade bait down the line, but I liked them.

That's a nice one you've got. I might have bit on it myself. :)

I like your 66, very slick looking. I have a mid 80's vintage 66 Taurus, 6"... one of my favorites. Super accurate too with . 38 wadcutters.

Back