nice Beretta 1951 bastard

crowtalks

A few weeks ago, I was thinking about firearms I used to have and I recalled having an Israeli version of the Beretta Brigadier about thirty years ago and I started missing having one...so the other day, I ran across this mis-matched M951 Beretta and picked it up, and the more I look at it, the more I love it. None of the numbers match...it has a parkerized frame with a Helwan slide...but someone went to great lengths to two-tone this beauty...by adding a chromed slide, trigger, hammer, safety, slide catch, mag release and mag floor. They also replace (I assume) the barrel since the locking lugs look barely used and the bore is nice and shiny...and added walnut Beretta grips to round out the attractiveness of this nice little shooter.

Because it is a frankenstein, I picked it up cheap, but it is one of the most unique looking Berettas I have ever seen

Attachments

• left side better 8nch.jpg
    left side better 8nch.jpg
    478.5 KB · Views: 124
  • right side good 8nch.jpg
    right side good 8nch.jpg
    507.7 KB · Views: 90
Good assembly.
My FLG did a trigger job on a 951. It came out very nice, light and crisp, but he said he did not want to tackle another.

My Dad bought a 1951 Brigadier off a guy at work back in 60s. Dad had a P38 at the time and the Berretta was a lot nicer gun and easier to shoot accurately. This was a commercial gun not military. It got traded off and I never ran across another. I did buy several Helwans from Century. I shot a couple of them and they didn’t excite me. I must have sold a dozen and never got one back. If I remember right I was selling them for around $100 at the time.

Back