Nice Bear?

buck460XVR

309751_10151386129763464_1168838951_n.jpg

The guy in the photo is a salesman for Kolbe & Kolbe Millwork who owns a cabin up in Woodruff - This is not a bear, it's a 182 lb. wolf killed near Woodrufff, Wi. during this year's Wisconsin inaugural modern wolf season.

golly that's a bigg'en, what did he take it with? Handloads/ Commercial?

Don't have the slightest idea. The photo and info was e-mailed to me from a friend of mine from the Woodruff area. I posted it here thinking it would be of interest to some.

Had thoughts about blotting out the face and tellin' folks that it was shot by my hunting partner on our deer lease.......:D

That picture has been circulating for a while now. I just saw it a couple weeks ago on a smart phone, with the claim it was taken in Northern MN :)
Nice big critter though!;)

As I said in my previous post, I had no info other than what was sent to me. I did try to verify the picture, as I know these types of hoaxes are rampant on the interweb, but my Google skills apparently aren't up to snuff, good catch Keg!

I saw the same pic, but claiming it was shot near Fort McCoy...which is a long way from Woodruff

..........had it been shot near Ft McCoy Joe, it woulda been in my back yard and odds are it woulda been front page news in the local paper. They did do a successful nuisance hunt for wolves in Fort and the surrounding area this fall. Apparently the packs located on the Fort developed a taste for Dairy cows located outside the Fort boundaries.

..........had it been shot near Ft McCoy Joe, it woulda been in my back yard and odds are it woulda been front page news in the local paper.

That's kinda why I dismissed it when I first saw the pic about a month ago. I grew up in Sparta, and still do most of my hunting just south of Fort. Haven't seen any wolves down there yet, but we do have black bears and bobcats.

Back