Nicaragua Bird Hunt

stockdog

Inactive
I am just back from a Nicaragua Dove Hunt and wanted to warn people to beware of Outfitters in the US offering $6 per box shotgun shells. It is a scam! The guides in Nicaragua itself are wonderful and the country is very US friendly but these outfitters are brokers only and actually operate out of someplace like the Philippines. If anyone is considering a trip down there just talking to a couple of references is not enough...

From videos I have seen it sure looks like a fun trip.

Do you mind expanding on your post? In what way is offering a box of shells for $6 a scam? What would be the best way to go about setting up a trip like that?

I'm thinking that this is a PSA regarding travel agents who are taking money for trips which charge by the box of shells rather than a flat rate like safaris?

I'm wary of any travel agency every since I was almost arrested in Italy because I booked a trip from Naples to Rome and the travel agency sold 2 people the same seat and gave me the receipt with the other guy's name on it. police were waiting at the rome train station but luckily I was able to disappear in the disembarking crowds. ever since then, I've been a big fan of the do-it-yourself mentality.

Back