NFA overturned?

KC Rob

Anybody else heard about this? I got the following email from Top Glock where they claim that the 7th Circuit Court over turned the NFA as unconstitutional and that you can buy full-auto weapons on their website now for dirt cheap?
http://www.topglock.com/Content.aspx?ckey=fullauto&NID=364

DAMN IT!

I just realized it is April Fools day, they got me. Sonofa...

Stand down, nothing to see here, village idiot coming through...

Good one. G18's for $620.25

Takes you all the way to "add to cart" then claims network overload.
Someone at TopGlock has a twisted sense of humor and a bit of a
mean streak.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I got the email also. I was ready to buy an mp5 right away. I have always thought that we need to get the law removed.

Got me for a few minutes also. Actually, even if a circuit court did rule the law unconstiutional, and refused a stay, that decision would apply only in that circuit until the Supremes ruled. Lots of luck getting a ruling like that; the NFA has been challenged in court many time, with many arguments. It all comes down to the governments having the power to tax (and boy do they use it!). The NFA is basically a tax law, not a gun control law, just one example of Franklin Roosevelt's deviousness. The man could never be straightforward when he could get his way by devious and underhanded means.

Jim

Tax Law with regards to the NFA

I'm not a lawyer, but this topic interests me and I've done quite a bit of research about it. There have been a couple of cases concerning the NFA and it not really being a tax law. Of particular interest is US v Rock Island Armory in which the district court ruled that one could not be charged with certain portions of the NFA as the '86 ban resulted in those portions of the NFA no longer serving a taxation purpose. Learning more about all of this crap might just make you mad though.

Still was a cruel ass joke to be playing. I got the e mail from 2 "dealers" that I will now stop doing business with. I don't think guns and gun laws are funny or anything to screw around with. Just my feelings on it. Kyle

To everyone who says "they should honor those prices, or I won't do buisness with them agian..."

IT WAS AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE!!!!!!!!!! Get over your self! Being mad about this just makes you a bigger fool. Grow up. :)

My boss pulled this on me early April 1st.
That night at around 9:45 I called him at home and told him one of our fellow co-worker shot himself and I was at the hospital trying to get more details.:eek:
Come the next morning when said co-worker showed up at work, the boss knew he had been had.
Man we laughed our butts off.:D

haha I think thats a rather funny joke. It wouldnt stop me from being a customer though, I think some of you are taking it to sersiouly.

Back