NF SHV scopes for a 50BMG?

Mausermolt

Ive been looking for some glass to put on my BA-50 im going to be purchasing this winter. Shopping around the interwebs I've run across these new SHV series of scopes by Nightforce for right around a grand. seems like a great deal for a nice scope, but i havent seen anything on how much recoil they can handle
Could anyone tell me if these would hold up under the recoil from the Bushmaster BA50? Or should I be looking more toward the Leupold MK4 or NXS Nightforce scopes?
This is strictly a durability question, not a pissing contest between NF and Leupold. I would absolutely be happy with either.
Thanks for the help!

I would think it suitable. Great warranty. I paid almost that for a Viper PST, 6x24, FFP, MILRAD. The NF scope have more internal adjustment, a built zero stop, and what everybody says is better glass. My eyes can't tell the difference anymore. That sounds like a great price.

I have seen vids of a 50 BMG fired with 10x Weaver. So if it can take it a NF must. If it breaks send it back.

There are a couple of places that can give you a more definitive answer, snipers hide and 50 caliber shooters association (FCSA) for 2. It appears that the most popular scopes used by FCSA are Nightforce and Leupold.

I'm not familiar with the scope you referenced but when you get to your price range and above, and they have a lifetime warranty, you are probably just fine.
I just bought a Steiner T5Xi with my Barrett M107A1, rock solid a fair number out there but nowhere near as many as NF and L.
The price of membership at FCSA is well worth the price.

I don't think I'll ever have the need for a 8k$ nightvision scope. Especially on a 50....

Thanks for the replies though. If nothing else I can throw that Nightforce scope on my M1A national match for my small caliber long range gun. It's always nice to have great glass on a really great firearm

The SHV is a well built scope, easily on par or above anything in that price range. I have the SHV 4X14X50 F1, can't say a bad thing about it yet. I also have an NXS 5.5X22X50 that is just a bad machine. In terms of toughness an build, the NXS is an M1 Abrahms, the SHV is a Bradley whereas something like a Vortex Viper PST is a pickup truck.

If you have a cabelas store nearby check them out. I just recently discovered they had the nightforce scopes you are interested in stock at the store, at least here in Buda Tx.

Back