Next Purchase

aupfeil

Inactive
I'm contemplating my next long gun purchase. I have a Chinese Paratrooper SKS and am looking at a couple other additions-- A Russian Tula SKS in box with all accessories (bayonet, oiler, ammo pouch, stripper clips, and manual) for $400 or Mosin Nagant M44 arsenal rebuilt with accessories (sling, bayonet, ammo pouch, tools/cleaning kit) for $250. Do you think those prices are fair for what I'd be getting?

Thanks in advance for your advice

Price seems just about right for the SKS but a bit high for the M44. I gave $125 for mine 18 months ago (w/o accessories I do not use).

What year is the M44? If there is a 1943 date stamped on it that price is right. If not its about $100 over what they normally sell for.

The m44 is $199, but then I added in my shipping and ffl transfer fees to get to the $250 total... I've been looking around shops in my area and online. I found 2 dealers with them and some for sale by individuals, but none close enough for a trip or willing to ship. Are they becoming as hard to find as it seems?

They are getting (temporarily, hopefully - who knows if a cave or two of them might show up) rare which, of course, drives up the price. $180 - $200 seems about right.

Back