news report from DC

• Thread starter Thread starter dZ
  • Start date Start date

dZ

Yesterday there was an incident at the Treasury Building next to the White House. Someone on a cell phone called 911 and reported seeing a man with a gun on a roof...
They shut down 6 blocks durring rush hour and had swatters there with HKs and searched the buildings

nothing was found.
http://www.wusatv9.com/prd1/now/template.display?p_story=165569&p_who=wusa

>>>>>>>>>>>

Beating Victim Dies http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/local/daily/july99/attack2.htm
By Josh White
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, July 2, 1999; Page B1

A 25-year-old Woodbridge woman who police
said was savagely beaten by two teenage girls
after a traffic dispute died of her injuries
yesterday.

Natalie Giles Davis died at 5:24 p.m. at Inova
Fairfax Hospital, two days after one teenager
allegedly pounded Davis's head repeatedly into
the sidewalk and the other allegedly kicked her
in the head as she lay on the ground.

>>>>>>>>>>>>
Disabled Pr. William Man Beaten, Set on Fire http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/local/daily/july99/body2.htm
By Libby Copeland and David S. Fallis
Washington Post Staff Writers
Thursday, July 1, 1999; Page B1

A 28-year-old woman and 17-year-old youth were arrested on murder charges yesterday in the
death of a mentally disabled man whose burning body was discovered in the woods behind the
woman's town house in Dale City.

Police said the two suspects beat 32-year-old Joseph Scott Williams inside the town house
early yesterday morning, stole his wallet, dragged him outside and set him on fire. A motorist
traveling on a nearby road spotted the blaze and alerted the fire department about 1:30 a.m.
yesterday, authorities said.

Well, now we know how to really foozle the gummint. Just call 911 and report suspicious people prowling around federal buildings.

Think they'd wise up after, say, a week or so?

from the amount of scrambling they did (they had a heliocopter there) i think they are willing to go code red on all threats.

Seems like things are hotter than the media would have us think. A buddy saw a motorcade get gridlocked yesterday. The agents were on the bullhorns commanding cars to move out of the way. There was a bus in the way. There ways no where to move to. My friend could hear the nervousness in the agents voices...

During the NATO conference some guys walked out to smoke in front of an office building.
A helio came down the street and ordered them back in the building.

Washingtoon DC

Why does the scene from Jaws, where the 2 kids swim around with the cardboard fin, seem so fitting here?

Just when you thought it was safe.

I agree, what are they so scared of? And if there is something to be concerned about, why do they want us helpless?

------------------
(!)

(smirk)

Sure, Ewok. I'll help out.

No, really. I mean it. I'm perfectly happy to help out the fellows who are trying to guarantee my freedom by making sure I don't have any.

(snicker)

The person who made the 911 call probably saw a SS agent guarding the White House.

Ewok and Coinneach - Can you imagine being asked to take a bullet for Clinton? How bad it must be to be a SS agent ordered to guard Clinton. I would want to call in sick every morning and it wouldn't be a lie.

Jeff,

That would, I think, be like ordering me to testify in Bill Gates' behalf on the quality of Microsoft products.

However, the same philosophy that guides most peoples' actions applies to the Secret Service: They don't like it, they can quit.

Coinneach: In Korea, the standing joke was, "Hey, if you don't like your job, you can always quit!". Naturally this was accompanied by a smirk.

Fast forward to my first job out of college, and several "careers" thereafter: I was amazed how many people hated their jobs but just flat would not even try to find something better! Beyond my comprehension.

I have visions of some Secret Service guy finally losing it. Can you imagine TomBrokenjaw trying to explain the SS guy pointing at El Prez, yelling, "Him! Shoot him!"?

Can I imagine it?

Hell, Art, I *dream* about it!

As for people who can't stand their jobs... I would think SS pays pretty well, which is a good incentive to keep doing something you hate. However, if I had a choice between catching a bullet for the First Felon and scraping out garbage trucks for minimum wage... I'd have to think it over for a good 30 seconds or so.

what conserns me is you would think the SS had spotters & sentries who kept the area under watch

a random bozo call and they call in air support?

if it was one of there own that was seen why the big show?

dZ

Back