Newby with question on 1899 Wafenfabrik

HB06

Inactive
I have a WafenFabrik Oberndorf Mauser. I beleive is 6.5x55 I understand the rifle itself is not very valuable but I was told it had a German sniper scope. Thinking of selling but would like to know more on value and history. Not sure if I can post pics yet but I will try.
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll194/halfback06/101_3429.jpg
101_3428.jpg

101_3430.jpg

Last edited:
It looks to me like a Swedish Mauser M41B sniper rifle with a different scope substituted for the big Ajack 50mm and the barrel sawn off.
Those changes really hurt the resale value. It would be a desirable rifle if original, not so much now.

I got this back in about 92. I had a customer from my lawn business that had gotten it from his dad. I was also told that the scope was German sniper scope. Military collector said that the gun was worth $125 but the scope was worth $500. I have no idea. How much more would the barrel be sticking out if it has been sawn off? Does not look as though it was cut.

The orignal barrel was only about two inches longer but that is where the front sight was, so that is lost, too.
Does the rifle have a rear sight?

The scope does not look like a "German sniper" to me, but I have not seen everything. It is definitely not the standard Swedish sniper scope.

Back