Newbie Question: (Dragunov)

T-Rex

I've seen the Dragunov rifle used in movies and such, and heard lots of people talk about how wonderfull they are. I've also f=got a Mosin Nagant in the same calibre (7.62x54) and like it a lot. Is all the hype justified, or is it just cool looking?

I understand, from messages on this board, that of those currently available, the Chinese version is more accurate, as opposed to the Romanian versions.

Chambered in 7.62x54R, it uses a receiver based on the RPK (.5mm thicker than standard AK). I think it's mainly used as a practical sniper rifle that will spend much time being banged around in the field before being used, so accuracy may not be as great as you might expect.

It does look cool, though.

I've got the ruskie Dragunov Tiger in 7.62x54. It shoots real good with ball ammo. I've seen hunting ammo too. It shoots as good a 3/4" at 100 yds off the bench with the 4 power scope.

This is the Dragunov frame with no flash hider and bayo lug. Has the high speed scope. It is not an RPK or AKM, the gas system is short stroke piston. If you get one, you will like it. Power akin to 30.06 or 308.

------------------
Yankee Doodle

Back