Newbie question: Can an out of state resident apply for a CCW permit in TX?

MyGunsJammed

I know I may get flamed for this so forgive me in advance:

I was just curious about something, I visit TX about 3X a year and stay with friends and family. I was wondering if I may be able to apply for a CCW permit as a non-resident?

You may not need to. check if youre permit state has reciprocity with tx.
mine (kansas) does and i carry in texas whenever im there.
there are some websites that list reciprocity, cant remember one offhand.

as a NYS resident, TX will honor NY's rifle/shotgun/pistol permits......

but not the other way around.......

and since I have a better chance of getting hit by a bus, struck by lighting and winning the lottery on the same day as compared to getting approved for CCW in NYC....all I wanted to know is if I can apply as an out of state resident to legally carry while I'm there visiting friends/family...

Thanks anyway, NYS laws suck...

Jets2007......

LMAO man.....and become one of the lowest paid cops in the whole friggin nation...no way man .... no way.... its not worth it, not for like $10/hr, for $25,000, $32,000 per year, putting my life on the line everyday.....dealing with trash on the street and facing up to thugs that would gladly shoot a cop w/o thinking 2x....

it wouldnt be worth it....lol, but I do see your point though....

no wonder why there is a flood of NYPD cops that try to get a few years experience and then try to become NYS Troopers or be cops out in Nassau/Suffolk counties where the starting base salary is like $50K a year....

But not to bash NYPD though, I gotta give them props for taking a low paying job to "protect" the public :rolleyes:

Humm interesting,

so if Texas doesnt permit out of state residents to apply for CCW permit, I can go to FLA, apply for one, and thru reciprocity agreements, I should be able to carry CCW thru all the gunfriendly states....lovely...

Another question, if I apply for and get approved for a non-FLA resident CCW permit, will I still be able to keep that along with my current NYC "residence/target" permit?

in other words, since I live in NYS, I know I wont be able to conceal carry legally, but If I go to PA, VT, NH, VA, DE then i will able to CCW legally....

The Florida CCW license should have no effect on your NY licenses. Many people have multiple CCW licenses from different states for various reasons.

Here is the Florida website that will tell you everything you need to know: http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/index.html

The Florida non-resident license is accepted in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, and Wyoming.

The following states accept the Florda CCW but not the non-resident license: Colorado, Kansas, Michigan, New Hampshire and West Virginia.

Thank you sir you just made my day......

I went to those sites and requested the applications.....

when i submit the applications do I have to appear in person? or can I just mail everything in, and then just wait??

Thanks......I'm gonna bookmark this thread, and come back to you later with questions in case I get confused about something on their application...

I think I just found my answer to my original question:

Texas Reciprocity

You've selected: Texas. The following table lists the states that honor the Texas Concealed Carry Permit. Texas issues non-resident permits. **The marked states require that you be a resident of the state who's CCW you hold. Thank you for visiting the U.S. Concealed Carry Website!

Back