• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Newbie ?? On the verification question

I understand the reason for the verification, to prevent spammers. But someone has their data "off kilter" as my verification question was: "Name the Company who mfg.'d Agent Orange--and Roundup-- I don't know from Shinola about Roundup, but as I was a SOG team member (from 5th SF/Airborne) in Vietnam, I know that the orange cannisters we saw came from Dow Chemical Corporation in Michigan. I twice entered Dow Chemical and was refused, due to incorrect intel I guess.

Thankfully you good folks have a plan B- the next try was a math question, Basic Algebra 1010 and I "aced" that puppy.

The Agent Orange reminds me of a WW2 Bill Mauldin cartoon caption, in the Pacific Theatre- as prior to Pearl Harbor we had sold scrap metal to Japan- Two Gunners Mates on a ship are manning their guns as the Zeros attach- one says to the other- "I think that last shell came from the fender of a 1926Chevy"--

We lost more personnel to a product made in the USA than did the NVA. No wonder War is Hell!!

I have a suggestion for a future question- a two-parter, and like AO, also comes from the Vietnam Era-- No. 1-- Name the USA company/contractor that made the greatest number of M-60 MG's used in Vietnam-- No. 2- name the weapon upon which its design was based and Country of origin. I had two uncles who were in the 82nd. Airborne and we involved with the D-day operations. Both made it back, many didn't!!

Okay, I'll bite: What verification question?

What are you talking about? Forum registration? (just a wild guess)

Yes, that is one of the "human verification" questions. I didn't know we were even asking questions like that. Gottleib Schwartz is correct that Dow was one of the manufacturers of Agent Orange, and there have been many different manufacturers of DDT. But, there has only been one manufacturer of Roundup. The hint to Google the various chemicals would have yielded the correct answer. Even so, the question is too ambiguous to be a legitimate question - I have eliminated it from the possible questions asked.

I also corrected one of the other questions - George Bush was not a "Jr.".

And this is a Tech Support type of question so let's move it there.

Back