Newbie needs some form 1 questions answered.

GA Limited GM

What I am attempting to do: I have a complete AR lower that I want to register as a SBR. I have on order a Spikes Tactical .22 with 9" barrel or so. I "might" acquire an additional upper of less than 16" barrel length.

In filling out the form it asked for specific items such as Caliber, OAL, barrel length. How do I list these when not sure what I'll end up with and can't legally own before hand?

I was under the impression that once a Lower was registered as a SBR any barrel length could be installed?

:confused:

Any past experience would be appreciated.

Fill out the F1 with the specs of what you are going to build. If you want to swap-in different uppers later, you can do so without issue.

So for caliber would I put "Multiple" or ."22LR"? It seems as you are required to have a copy of the paperwork with you, that the caliber description would need to match. No?

You used to be able to put "multi" down for caliber but now you must specify. You also used to be able to put down <16" for length, but those are no-goes now too. As long as you have the Form1 with you and it lists the serial # and you have your lower properly engraved, you should be good to go if anyone ever asks to see your papers. Out of curiosity, is your lower marked 5.56 or multi?

Thanks. I'll give it a whirl. The last time I took the paperwork there and left it, the sheriff said he wouldn't sigh anything he didn't know what it was. I've tried catching him by phone and left a business card, which they said he tried. My phone is on 24/7/365. We'll see what this attempt brings.:o

Back