Newbie here

1911Jimmy

Inactive
Just wanted to say hi to everyone. Finally, I’m a new owner of a Stainless2 Kimber 1911.
I my opinion, this is one pretty pistol.
What I didn’t like reading, was the problems with the pistol, the ejection, loading,etc.
Hopefully, this isn’t something that I need to look forward to.

Welcome to the forum. Your kimber should be fine. I have a two tone in 9mm I bought about a year ago and a custom 45 from 1996. Both them run great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! Kimber sells a lot of guns. Most are fine. Odds are you'll be okay. Go shoot it and see what your experience is. And then come back and tell us.

Do you reload? IMhO the .45 ACP is one of the easiest cartridges to reload. Even if you don't reload now, save your brass, it might come in handy in the future.

As for posting pictures, we'd like to see your firearms and there are many, many people here that have absolutely no problem posting great pictures of their guns and then there are those of us...well, I have to go back and read the instructions every single time to get a photo posted so if you have problems rest assured your not alone.

Welcome!

Shoot it and if you have issues then worry. Don't beat yourself up preemptively.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

orig.gif

Welcome to TFL, 1911Jimmy!

I'm not a huge Kimber fan, butI have to admit that I've never owned one. That said, I wouldn't worry about it until I'd shot the pistol. There are a ton of people that swear by Kimbers (as opposed to swearing at them), and the reality is this: At this point, you don't need to know if "Kimbers" have problems. You only need to know if your Kimber has problems.

Back