Newbie here, Rimfire vs. Centerfire q's..

twoblink

I'm not new to the gun world, but I'm new to the rifle world. My friend had a .223 and a .308 and I just shot it last weekend, very sweet, and super accurate also.

I saw the Ruger 10/22's and fell in love. My question though was, you are not suppose to dry fire a Rimfire gun, so if it's cocked, how do you decock it? Also, is there a difference in terms of reliability on rimfire vs. centerfire?

Before xmas, my friend told me "Albert, buy 2 lower rifle receivers, you will thank me for it later." So because I trusted him, I coughed up a few Ben Franklins and bought 2 lower .223 receivers.

... Guess who's all smiles now? Still need money to complete them, but at least I have them! California gun-control...@%^@%@^#&#@%

Thanks guys,
Albert

#1-Make sure the gun is unloaded.

You can decock a 10/22 by pulling the bolt open until you feel it contact the hammer(about half open). Hold on to the bolt handle tight, pull the trigger, and gently let the bolt go back into battery. The hammer follows the bolt down.

This also works on my KBI/FEG AK clone.
Most other semi auto's disconnectors won't let go until the bolt is completely into battery.

You can use either a Dead Blow cap from brownells or pick up a spent case crimp slightly and use it. The only problem is that when you action the gun the empty will fly out which is VERY disconserting if you hav forgotten it was in there.

Hi guys,

Been here before. A lot of old time guns were ruined by dry firing. But Ruger's rim fire guns can be dry snapped until Hades looks like my back yard with no damage.

Jim

Back