New XD-S 9mm OSP

farmboy

Just like many of you, I’ve been on a humble pursuit for the perfect carry pistol. And, I’m sure, just like many of you, I pour over the forums, allowing myself to get talked into what I SHOULD like in a pistol. I really haven’t taken good consideration of what works specifically for ME.

I really didn’t want to like the XD series pistols. Just more Plastic Fantastic. A rebranded import with a Springfield name stamped on it. These are likely junk, I’d read elsewhere. No reasonably discriminating shooter would own one, I reasoned.

About a year ago, I wanted to take the leap into 10mm world, and I was shopping for a Glock. But a young gun counter clerk was determined for me to try the XD-M on for size. Grip wise, there was no comparison, and I bought it. But that’s another story I can share later.

At any rate, after some horse trading, my local farm supply store had this little XD-s with a provided CT red dot optic for $512, and I was sold. My 60+ year old eyes are getting tired, and the sights on these little carry guns are tiny. If I could train and adjust a little it might work out OK.

Well, it didn’t turn out OK. It turned out great. The trigger, while stiff and long, is at least predictable. The sights adjusted easy, and within minutes, I was pinging away at 6”, 8”, and full torso steel targets from 25 to 45 feet with pretty rapid hit dependability. I’m warming up to this gun very fast.

So, I came in the house, snapped some pics, ordered a Vedder IWB holste, and thought I would share.

Attachments

• 3523E10A-EEE4-47FE-8F15-64F6B4BA5A54.jpeg
    3523E10A-EEE4-47FE-8F15-64F6B4BA5A54.jpeg
    29.4 KB · Views: 95
  • BCD41C43-914F-445A-9268-BE2DD72EF57C.jpeg
    BCD41C43-914F-445A-9268-BE2DD72EF57C.jpeg
    24.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 468C9EE3-3C74-4CC4-85F9-61A60CE77D3D.jpeg
    468C9EE3-3C74-4CC4-85F9-61A60CE77D3D.jpeg
    21.6 KB · Views: 67
Nice XDS!

I have two of the 1st Gen XDS and just got one milled for an RDS (Holosun 507k). They are really great guns.

I know a lot of folks bad mouth the grip safety, but I especially like these guns for appendix carry because they have one.

I bought the same gun and put the Powder River Precision trigger spring kit in it. Much better. Great little gun.

Been carrying an XDs .45 for years. I have 6 XD pistols from 9mm to .45 and the only Glock I have left is a G17 that I keep in the safe deposit box for SHTF emergencies.
Big XD fan here.

I'm personally not a fan of red dots on carry guns. With that said, I think that things would be a LOT better if they just made the slide cuts standard on all handguns instead of special models....

Back