New Winchester model 70 super gradevs sako 85 bravarian

stewey1

Inactive
Hi all,

Im in the market for a new hunting rifle, the barrell on my p14 303 is finally shot out.

Im torn between these rifles. does anyone have any thoughts on these two rifles gained from experience?

Calibre will be 270 or 30-06. I will use it to hunt afew species of deer, tahr and chamy

I don't know about the other rifle, but I have the new FN Model 70 in 270 Win Featherweight.

Without of doubt its the best Model 70 Made. Accurate, smooth, reliable. There would be no choice for me. I'd go the Model 70 above any rifle out there for hunting purposes.

Both rifles that you mention are well made & accurate. It comes down to your personal preference. I prefer the Sako, others prefer the Winchester.
I put a deposit on a new Sako 308 model 85 Bavarian & pick it up next week.
I have a friend with a 30-06 Sako Bavarian & he was achieving 1 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards using standard factory ammunition.
I think the Sako looks better than the Winchester, but I am biased, since I have a long relationship with Sako rifles having purchased my first centerfire rifle(a Sako 22-250) over 25 years ago.

Back