NEW Winchester 92 trigger job.

Chainsaw.

New production 92 Winchester lever gun.

So I love this rifle, blueing is great, shoots straight, great rifle. Except, the trigger sucks. Its pushing twenty pounds. I got into the action, it has the Y shaped hammer bar, with a coil spring, I polished that which made the trigger pull smoother but not really lighter. Im a little intimidated by taking this action apart, wondering if anyone has seen a resource to take this new style action down and do some trigger improvements on it.

TIA.

If it makes you feel any better--my BLR is advertised with a pull of 4.5 lbs--well cleaned and lubricated mine breaks at 7.5 lbs.

It's doable !!!!

Im a little intimidated by taking this action apart, wondering if anyone has seen a resource to take this new style action down and do some trigger improvements on it.
I can understand your trepidation but yes, it can be done. It's more challenging especially when dealing with flat springs. Have never done a 92 but have done similar actions. I understand that there is a fella down in Kentucky or Tennessee that does great with these Winchesters. ......

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/winchester/rifles-win/1892-2

Be Safe !!!

Back