New Winchester 1885's

I picked one up in 6.5 Swede, but have not fired it yet. Nice rifle, although I thought the wood was kind of plain considering the price. It does come with the rings and base to mount a scope.

Neat. I'm sure they're the Miroku of Japan guns, that's a good thing.
I had a .22 lr low wall (Miroku) a few years ago. Probably the nicest looking gun I've ever owned. The barrel was so long you couldn't use Colibris (originals), they would occasionally stick in the bore. Had a globe front and tang rear sight. Sweet guns.

I have one in .22 Hornet and it is a great little rifle. It is very accurate and will group <2" at 200 yds when the shooter does his part. The down side is they are not reproductions of the originals as far as the internal mechanism goes, they are very different even though they look the same on the outside. The action is very well built and the likelihood of any problems is very slim. Special spring compressors are required and most gunsmiths don't have them and are reluctant to buy them because they are expensive and have limited use for this action only.
I would buy another if I could find it in 6.5 x 55 Swed, it is a great gun!

I have a low wall in .22 Hornet....breaking clay's at 200 yards is way to easy !
Traditional hunter in 38-55...yum ! :cool:

Here is my 6.5x55 Low Wall. They are made by Miroku. The scope ring base is mounted on it in this pic. I need to get out and shoot it. Very light and quick handling. I have a Ruger No 1-A in 6.5x55 to keep it company.

1885LW_65Swede.jpg

my three .260 rem,s, a 7600 rem punp a browning low wall and a rem xp-100R. eastbank.

Attachments

• Picture 1605.jpg
    Picture 1605.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Picture 1604.jpg
    Picture 1604.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 14
Back