New Wheelguns From Taurus

Matt VDW

Taurus has finally updated their website at http://www.taurususa.com .

Once again, they've added some oddball models that will probably be discontinued within a few years:

A 7 shot Tracker in .22 LR

A .357 revolver with a 12" barrel

And they've also unveiled their Centennial clones in .38 and .357. Sadly, the "Total Titanium" model is not available with an unported barrel.

I talked with their representatives twice about making something suitable for IDPA, such as a six shot unported .357 with adjustable sights, but apparently they aren't interested in making normal guns.

The two revolvers with the 12 inch barrels look so odd that I just have to have them.

Sledge Hammer eat your heart out!

EWWWWWWWW

I like em, centenial styling with better grips and a better price.
Maybe I haven't parted with Taurus yet.

Mikey the Flake :D

That 12 inch revolver certainly looks strange. You might as well get yourself a 16 inch lever action Winchester carbine in 357. That 16 oz 357 Magnum revolver, on the other hand, could something good. My heavier Ruger SP101 already kicks pretty hard. And I'm glad the porting is optional.

Does IDPA still allow the use of moonclips in the revolver class?

I think that Taurus could do well with a .45, 10mm, .40, 9mm or even 9x23mm revolver. But do they ever listen to me? Nah... :p

I am checking out the CIA snubbie. I already have a Total Titanium Taurus snubbie, as well as a Stainless Taurus snubbie. The CIA model might be something fun to have too.

I like snubbies :)

I saw the reference to a 22 Tracker and thought I had found the non-S&W light weight titanium 22 I have been hoping for. (The 22 Taurus calls airweight weighs almost as much as their all steel model 94) Of course the Tracker weighs about 3 pounds and has a long barrel. Why would they give it a seven shot cylinder when their smaller model 94 holds nine?

Darn...I was hoping they would have included a 45ACP snubbie in their new product line. Looks like I'll be getting a 7 shot 357 Magnum titanium/aluminum snubbie instead. Well, after a few more things around here get paid for.

Back