New (used) 686

ENC

hey everybody I just picked up a S&W 686 SS with a 6 in barrel. I bought the gun used and never noticed till I got it home and test fired it, but it seems to have the absolute smoothest trigger of any gun I have ever shot. I was wondering if this is a common thing for the 686's or if maybe the trigger has been worked on. If it has been worked on how do I find out. I bought it from a pawn shop and I'm sure the owner knows nothing.

Thanks Evan

I have a 686 that I bought new from the 'old' S&W. Mine is a 2 1/2" model. It, too, has the absolute slickest trigger (both single and double action) that I have ever felt and it is completely unaltered. Enjoy yours!

S&W 686

I have the 686 2 1/2 also and the trigger pull is real smooth in both actions. I've never met a Smith I didn't like.
You got a great piece.... ENJOY ;)

I own a 4" barrel 686, and just picked up a 6" barrel 586. Both are identical in their smooth-as-butter triggers. I really like these guns.

S&W revolvers are well known for having triggers that are superior to the competition (maybe with the exception of the Python, but consider the mark-up! :p ). My 610 Classic has a great trigger too, a little on the heavy side in DA but very nice feel and superb in SA.

Back