New Uncle Mike's Kydex paddle holster

stans

Four days ago I bought a new Uncle Mike's Kydex paddle holster for my Commander model 1911. I just can't get enough of this holster!!!! I love it!! I have always used leather holsters and have only a few nylon holsters, most of the nylon holsters just collect dust. This is my first synthetic holter and it is great. Light weight, holds its position on my belt and holds the firearm firmly in place.

My only complaint is the length. It is only available in 5 inch barrel length. So yesterday, I took a Dremel and a cut-off disk to the holster. Now it is a true Commander length and is even better! Just a word of warning, if you trim a synthetic holster, make sure you protect your lungs and eyes. The dust goes everywhere. I learned my lessons many years ago doing some body work on my old car.

Anyway, I really like Uncle Mike's Kydex paddle holsters. And it is so comfortable that I feel weird only when I take it off. Now, let's see, my Commander is a steel frame and a new aluminum frame would feel so good....time to buy another gun!!!!

Stans

Hey, can you please post a pic of your paddle uncle mike's holster, after "Dremel-fication"??

I am considering one of these for a baby Kimber, and wonder if I could dremel my way down even smaller. I imagine I could, but I would like to see a pic. There are no pics on the Uncle Mike's website. Thanks.

Sorry, no way for me to post a pic. But you could trim as much as 1 1/4 inches off of the holster before running the risk of destroying the holster.

stans

be sure to check my last post on the other current thread on kydex holsters - I got the Uncle Mike's too. For future reference, I discovered that a hacksaw for the cut, followed by a dremel grinder for the touch-up, produces much less dust, and is faster/easier than the dremel wheel cutter. FYI...

Back