New Uberti 1858 and stuff

Gunruner

Had been looking for a Ruger Old Army and just couldn't come up with the $. Had this deal come up and couldn't pass up so borrowed and got it. It's a Uberti 1858 from Taylors, unfired and unturned with box & P/W. Also came with 2 Lee molds double cavity round ball .454 and 450-200 bullet, new unused plus unused holster/buckle/belt/cartridge box. Got it all for $285. Ruger will have to wait. Here's a picture of everything:

Attachments

• 100_2404.jpg
    100_2404.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 129
No but the holster is a Civil War Union repro and they were only made for right hand butt forward carry, originally. I may sell the setup to a reenactor and get a slim jim with brown belt to wear in the woods. Then again the leather is top notch and heavy duty so I may just use it, who knows..........Mike

Last edited:
robhof

That's a great setup for the price. With the molds; all you need is lead and a way of melting. Be sure to use soft lead; lead sheathing or even lead flashing, not wheel wts except the stick ons as they are nearly impossible to load and can cause higher pressures.

Thanks folks for the replies. I've been a reloader for 26 years and have cast bullets once at a friends home many moons ago. Now I think with the costs going up, I'll get a Lee furnace plus a few accessories and roll my own. Have a great weekend everyone.............Mike

Back