New Type Blackpowder

bearcapper

Inactive
Gentlemen, Those of you that hunt with black
powder and hate cleaning up afterwards I wish to
recommend a powder that was recommended to me.

New out this year, cleans up with water. No sulpher in it. Comes in pellet form in 50 and 30 gr. loads. Equivalent to pyrodex. Muzzle velocity
improves some with it.
Recommends ignition with 209 primer shotgun shell caps. I use musket caps with this new powder at range and there,s immediate ignition,
just super, no delays. Excellent accuracy.

Powder is called triple seven.

777 has been out for a couple of years now. I have a couple of shooting friends that swear by it too!

It sounds interesting, but I don't shoot my BP rifle enough to justify changing anything. Two Pryodex pellets and a 300gr 45cal bullet in a sabot is a very accurate and reliable combination in my gun. Ignition is "centerfire" quick and reliable with standard BP caps. If it weren't such a PITA to get to the only local range where I can shoot it, I'd experiment more. As it is, I fire maybe 20rounds through this gun a year.

Chris

If you want to check out some synthetic black powder that I like better than Tripple Seven you might want to look at American Pioneer in fffg, Goex Pinnacle in fffg, and Black Mag'3 which only comes as fffg and is my personal choice for the list of ascorbic acid based powders. Much cleaner than even 777 and does not make the crud ring that 777 tends to.

I have heard all the wonderful stories about the substitutes

But for me, if it ant black powder, I ant gonna shoot it.
I would never put any one down for using the newer stuff but I cowboy shoot a lot and use cap and ball revolvers, I want the smoke and dont mind the cleaning chore.
I wish you luck and good hunting with what you choose to use.

Hey Your Right About 777!i Have Used It For About A Year 1/2 Now .i Use It In My Bp Wheel Guns,rifles,and My Shotgun.its Super Easy To Clean Up And You Get About 10% More Power From What Im Told.i Havent Tried The Pellets Yet But I Kinda Like The Loose Powder Anyway.

Before I Signed Up I Seen Where There Was Talk About The Pietta Revolvers.i Have 3 And Love Them.one,in Stainless Which Is 11 Yrs Old And 2 Blue.i Havent Had The 1st Problem,knock On Wood.

Well,i Wont Argue About That One But The Clean Up Is So Much Easier That I Make Dew Just Fine With The 777.lol.

Back