new trigger for m&p ar_10

Boogershooter

I'm trying to find a good trigger for my rifle but the only ones I can find I will have to get rid of the ambidextrous safety. Does anybody know a brand that is making one I've overlooked?

I'm trying to find a good trigger for my rifle but the only ones I can find I will have to get rid of the ambidextrous safety.

I have a M&P10 I installed a Geissele 2 Stage Hi-Speed National Match - Match Rifle Trigger I love it and I was able to keep the ambidextrous safety, but to be honest I really don't know why you wouldn't be able to keep it with other after market triggers!

I'm no gunsmith so I carried my rifle to a friend who is along with the new timney. He tried but was unsuccessful and thought maybe I ordered the wrong trigger. He ordered another and could get it in there but the safety was really really tight and sometimes couldn't be disingauged. Sorry I don't have the model numbers handy because he still has them. He called timney and they said they may have a solution. I'm not opposed to another brand but I've always had very good luck from both the smith and timney.

Thanks I will give them a look. I just didn't want to modify anything if I don't have too. All my other triggers have dropped right in with no problem on other ar's.

He did make sure the the two trigger lock screws that are already installed in the Timney module were not protruding through the bottom correct? They should be flush or slightly recessed into the bottom of the trigger module until after the trigger is installed correctly and the two trigger pins are put back in place.

Back