New Trap Gun

TomADC

Browning BPS Trap Gun, was invited to start with a couple of friends shooting trap I have shot skeet, 5 stand & Sporting Clays a lot in the past but EPA got the two clubs I belonged to closed a few years back because they claimed lead outside our assigned areas. Did shoot trap off and on but skeet was always my favorite, shot on a couple of Navy teams back in the day.
Browning BPS Trap Gun

This is literally out of the box, no cleaning, wiping etc:

410772512.jpg

410772511.jpg

BPS Trap model ..is a nice gun / but then I like the BPS in general....

Take it to the pattern board.....and see where its hitting for you / but since you're experienced, you probably know what stock dimensions you need.

My only criticism of the BPS Trap model....is you might find it a little light ....at just a shade over 8 lbs...( even though it has a 30" barrel )...I find it a little too light for dedicated Trap shooting.../ but I like a Trap gun to be up around 10 lbs...( helps smooth out my follow thru)...

But have fun with it ...they're nice guns !

It does look good. If I was to upgrade my 870 Express to another pump, I will have to look at a BPS dressed in wood. (Actually, I would keep the 870 for a dedicated home gun.)

My HD gun is a 870 Magnum with speed feed stock.
Haven't shot clays in years really looking forward to getting back into this again.

i never tried the BPS, but i have several ithaca 37,s and i tried them at trap and just never warmed up to them shooting trap. i found that it was easier for me to use the regular side ejecting shotguns when inserting a new shell in the chamber. and i am left handed and have true left had shotguns(remington,s). eastbank.

I just picked one of these up myself. Was snowed out last weekend so I couldn't try it out. I shoot trap every weekend so I can't wait to try it out. I also have a BT-99 and really like the Brownings.

Back