New Trail Gun

mk70ss

45-BAF85-F-E3-E6-4-A51-B33-F-0-A68-BF85-BB85.jpg

Been wanting a classic Bulldog .44 for awhile. Walked into the local pawn shop today and got this and a box of Hornady XTP HP ammo for $325 out the door. Also ordered a set of wood grips from Ebay for $25.

Very nice! I would love to pick one of these up. But on my 42" monitor this looks like a 4.4 special haha.

Nice but boy, that sure is a huge picture! Hopefully the gun isn't that big ;) . Never fit that in a pocket!

If your photos come to the point where you can see individual pores in the finish, please use the [ resize=X] (where x = pixel size, the picture I resized is 500) and [ /resize] to end it.

Just make sure that there are no spaces between the [ and the code

Bulldoy

I had a very early classic Bulldog from the 70's/80's and used it mostly exactly as you describe, a trail gun. I had two or three holsters for it, some loaders, and both the factory wood and a square but Pachmyer Premier rubber. It shot precisely to point of aim with its fixed sights and a reload with a 250 gr Keith bullet. Carried it a SD gun too, with Federal 200 gr LSWC hollow points.

Really enjoyed that gun, shot it frequently, and found it about the perfect size. But eventually, with my 250 gr reloads, I shot the gun out of time. I've thought more than once about obtaining another.

If you plan to shoot yours much, I'd suggest as light a load as you can stand for practice and plinking.

Nice! I have a 44 version with a shrouded hammer that I carry sometimes, and a 45acp with a regular hammer that I bought recently just because. I've had the 44 for five years or so, and it works just fine, but I don't shoot it a whole lot and I use light loads when I do. It's a nice coat pocket carry piece for the cold weather we're starting to get around here.

Back