New toy!!!

Flyboy_451

Have been waiting a long time for this one! 4 3/4" bisley Vaquero in 500 Linebaugh. Built by Dustin Limbaugh. Octagon barrel, French walnut grip and absolutely gorgeous!!!

A few shots of it in action!!

A good friends daughter. She is 5' 3" and 100lbs soaking wet, launching a 450 grain bullet at 1,150fps. She did awesome. 3 for 3 on 1 gallon oil jugs filled with water from about 15 yards.

A few more pics...

450grn bullet @ about 1,000fps, 7" of penetration into seasoned oak.

Could probably reuse the bullet.

Recoil is not near as bad as you probably think. Lots of recoil force, but its more of a shove than a slap that jars your teeth. I can one hand it, give it some room to run, and it won't hurt you.

Truly a beautiful revolver. Some day I will be able to have a custom of my own. Until then, I look forward to posts like this.

I'm really liking this one!

Have put about 150 rounds thru it doing load development. So far the heaviest load has been a 450 grain LBT solid with 29 grains of WW296 driving it. That load yielded just shy of 1,200fps over the chronograph.

According to Dustin Linebaugh, 30 grains is very close to max and should get about 1,300fps from the 4 3/4" barrel.

Yes.. Also I believe I can see that she is smiling, Hahahaha. Your friend should be proud.

Beautiful piece of American craftsmanship. Nice pyrotechnics display,

Danielle had a lot of fun with it, and did really well! That picture was her first shot, and while she was leaning into it nicely, she still wasn't quite prepared for the shove it gave her. Her subsequent shots looked quite different, and she scored 3 for 3 on 1 gallon oil jugs filled with water, shooting at about 12 yards.

Back