New Toy

yournodaisy

Bought this Weatherby German made in 257 Wby Mag. Well..it needed a home..oopss pic too big..film at 11

Attachments

• weatherby.jpg
    weatherby.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Hope yours does as well as my "Dutchie" (as my German grandfather referred to his fellows). I bought a German-made Mark V in 1970, but in '06. #2 profile, 26" barrel. I had to do a minor amount of tweaking, but it has been a sub-MOA critter for forty-forevers.

Thanks..this thing is pristine...it's my first Weatherby...infact other than test fire I'm not sure it was ever used..bore is perfect after cleaning. I can't wait to try it out. Anybody else have any experience with this gun feel free to chime in.

Any Weatherby Mark V is a work of art, and your should be no different. Typically, they shoot OK, just not fantastically well, due to the thin barrels, expect about 1"-1.5" at 100 yds. I can only say the muzzle blast from 257 Weatherby will surprise you, just be ready for it. On the plus side, the 257 Weatherby shoots about as flat as a string. Congrats!!

That sir is a beautiful rifle, can't wait to hear how it shoots. I've always been a fan of the 257 Weatherby, just never had the funds to get one :(

Thanks oneounce...I have family in Montana..so i used to hunt there for antelope...I plan on going back..this time taking the 257 wthby.:)

Back