New toy for me

Ron S

I know this is the wrong forum for this...but I finally got a new paintball gun. Should arrive this week, Tippman Model 98. What a cool gun. Can't wait to get out in the woods with the gang and break that gun in! Just had to tell someone. (hey, it is a gun!)

Nah...its the proper forum :)
Have fun and wear eye protection, and buy a high quality laundry detergent

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

Ron, where do you play there in Colorado? I only see one store listed in the back of Action Pursuit Games. Tippmann paintguns are pretty nice and reliable right out of the box. Personally, I have an Autococker. You don't want to know the hassles I went through before I got this thing as reliable as my nephew's Pro-Lite (or my old VM-68 for that matter). Have fun and protect those family jewels.

A couple of guys we played with last year used AC's. They shot really nice. But from what I've read and heard, they are the "tinker-freaks" gun of choice. They are more complex than most markers out there. Which you probably know first hand by now!

We play in a wooded area between Aurora and the Airbase mostly. It really is the perfect place, it has 3 levels with lots of trees, tall grass, bushes....Sand Creek runs through it to. You can really get some incredible games out there. I've also just been introduced to a group of guys that play near Colorado Springs. I'm going to get together with them soon to play as well. I don't exactly know where they play, but it is outside.
If you live out here, we're more than happy to have you play. The more the better. Last year we had around 10 to 15 people pretty consistently (almost every weekend). We should start real soon, so let me know if you're in the neighborhood!

Hey, Tippman is a great line of guns... You have got one of the best there is - The HK of the paint ball world!

My last Marker was a Burgesfield International gun called the "Black Knight" which was a great marker - but some how very loud! It sounded like a .308! Seriously - the first time I went out on the field with it and opened up... EVERY ONE ducked for cover!
I always wanted a Tippman...

------------------
"Fear will keep the local systems in line..."

Kodiac, did you try a ported barrel? My old VM-68 sounded like a shotgun with the stock barrel. I replaced it with a Smart Parts Venturi barrel, and it was significantly more quiet and accurate. Actually, I would liken the Tippmann series to a high quality AK. They're simple, reliable in all weather, and pretty accurate (more so with a stainless barrel).

I tried porting on a used Automag - but the marker kept having troubles...
I like guns that need less service than an old Chevy Nova - Paintball guns need enough care as it is. The VM-68 Mag - Yeah! Great Gun! They are HEAVY beasts though!
With guns like these - get a VL-2000 hopper... you'll have better reliabily from the consistant feeding. They cost a few pessos, but are worth it when your spraying and praying! :)

------------------
"Fear will keep the local systems in line..."

Back