New to Timers. What to look for?

VaughnT

I have decided that I really need some hard data to quantify my training and improvements. However, I'm not too up on the current technology and don't want to get a big, fancy timer that has stuff on it that I can't use.

What I want to improve on is the three/seven-yard quick draw, doubletaps, and multiple target aquisition. I am not worried about chronographing the rounds as that is outside of my realm of interest.

Is the Pact II a good product? Is there something simpler/better? This has to be something that I can use by myself in solo training sessions.

Also, what type of notebook would you recommend for logging results? Does someone make a shooter's log? Or would a simple spiral-bound job do?

I have a Pact MkIV that does everything from random-delay starts to cyclic-rate calculations to par-time beeps. It's very sophisticated, and I end up using the different features pretty regularly. If you're looking for something simpler, the Pact Club II is still very functional.

There's an article on the PACT timers here, and you can order them from the same website. http://www.brianenos.com/pages/pact.html

- Chris

I use a PACT Mk IV, our club uses the club timers. In the last 30 years that I have shot IPSC, I have tried them all. I would spend the extra $$ on a Mk IV, it is so versitle you may want to do other things with it later.

Back