New To The Sport

Quick Draw

Inactive
Hey guys, My name is Jason. I am new to the site and am looking to get into competitive handgun shooting. I'm 31 and have been shooting since I could walk, I have competed all my life but only in trap and skeet shooting. I plan to start shooting in USPSA comps shortly. I was just looking for any advice you could offer a new comer to the sport? I plan on getting a Para to compete with but am a little unsure on the model that would be best. Any help would be great..thanks

you look at the different divisions you can compete in?

which one would you like best?

you watch any videos?

You might pick the division, then the gun. A "Para" could go into different divisions depending on the model.

Regardless, check out the Brian Enos forums, which also has BEginners Forums, near the top.

Lee

Shoot what you already own to learn about the sport. THEN upgrade your equipment.

When I was shooting IPSC I often out-scored guys who'd invested heavily in their equipment instead of practicing shooting. You can go a LONG way using stock equipment. I shot my SA 1911 from a nylon Uncle Mike's holster.

No matter how fancy your gun, when you are at the line for the very first time when the start buzzer goes off- you'll go blind and your brain will quit :-)
Might as well get that out of the way before spending a lot of $$ :-)

Thanks for the help guys...im looking over all the divisions right now. Right now I actually dont own any handguns...just have a small fortune invested in shotguns and rifles. Im going to take your advise and pick a division and then go from there. Thanks again

Back