New to the site.

1998WS6FBTA

Inactive
Hey guys. New to the site. I'm stuck on which pistol to buy. Here are my choices so far.

Sig P226
H&K USP
Glock Model 22
S&W SW99

all are .40 cal and will have night sights on them.

Can ya help me out?

Welcome aboard and i hope you enjoy the forum:)

and now to your question, i'd say go with the Sig-P226 it's one of the best handguns in the World today:D

Welcome

Welcome to TFL and I hope you enjoy your stay.
As far as the guns you mentioned I cannot attest to any of them but may I suggest the Glock 27 and the Walther P99.
Those two I can speak for;)
I was never a Glock fan until I purchased the 27. It is .40 cal. and a great little compact handgun. While mine was purchased used LNIB it was very accurate out of the box. Recoil is a bit snappy but you get use to it:)
As far as the P99 I have one in 9mm and would believe you would be getting a better quality handgun from Walther.
Hope this helps you out :)
Happy Gun Hunting :)

For some laid back gun chat visit
The Triple F Ranch
http://pub33.ezboard.com/bfirearmsfriendsfamily

yes he would be gitting a better gun in the Walther P99, i know I have one in 9mm and i'd say that it is one of the best handguns in the World today. but he said that the one he was looking at was a S&W SW99 in .40 cal not a Walther P99 in .40 cal i'd say you are not going to git as good a gun from S&W as you would from Walther;)

1998WS6FBTA:

The workmanship, accuracy and reliability of both, Sig 226 and HK USP, are outstanding.

I have not tested the Glock 22 (but assume that is as good as all the Glocks that I´ve fired). No experience with S&W 99.

I think that your decision is a matter of preference only, your short list includes top hardware.

Enjoy TFL, I really do and learn a lot also.

alp-257

Welcome to TFL 1998...

In my opinion, and it is only that, you have put your list in the correct order. The first two would be a toss-up.

Thanx for the reply guys. I was looking strong towards the H&K, heard some good things about it.

I have also heard some good things about the Glock to.

I know alot of people carry the P226 and they love it.

You have listed some nice guns. I am unfamiliar personally with the manual of arms for the Smith, but I know the Sig and HK and Glock, and prefer the Glock, as I do not like the transition between a long DA pull and short SA pull. If you get the Sig in DA only, it might have my vote, though. Sigs are very ergonomic, at least for my hands. The H&K's don't fit me very well, particlulary in the web of the hand area, and I don't like the DA trigger much on them. The Glocks are very simple to maintain and are quite reliable. Good luck.

this is going to be a tough buy. I don't know which one I want. I need to have one that won't jam, I'll be shooting 500+ rounds through in in a matter of a few days.

Hey 1998,

Welcome from one new member to another! My vote has to go with the Glock 22 or 27, simply because I have had experience and good luck with them ... but I would agree with those responses above mine that you really cannot go wrong with the arms that you have listed. The reason that I have settled on Glock as my weapon of choice is for the very reason that EVERY trigger pull feels the same ... even between calibers unless you do a custom trigger job on one out of the bunch. I have a S&W 4013 (the default "Dick" carry of my local agency) that I absolutely do not like because of its "dual-action then single" mode when decocked and locked. Unless you are REAL uncomfortable carrying one in the chamber, you are ready to rock and roll with the Glock. But, I'll confess, some of my colleagues prefer HK and some of them prefer SIG! I would say, out of all of these, make trigger pull your primary deciding factor. Dependability, repairability, and acquisition are about equal among the 4.

Back