New to the competition scene.

o0beaner

Inactive
I'm looking to get into rifle competitions of some sort, and can't say I know where to look for information regarding this.

I have a Ruger .243, and am interested in picking up a .308 from either Tikka or Remington. Where would I find resources regarding competition in these categories?

Where are you from? Let us know and someone in your area can tell you what competitions are available.
In my area we have NRA short range across the course (XTC) matches which is shot 200 yards off-hand and rapid sitting, 300 yards rapid prone, and 600 yards slow prone.
We have mid range NRA 3X600 which is three 20 round matches shot slow prone at 600 yards.
And we have NRA Long Range which is shot slow prone at 1000yards, or the Palma which is shot at 8, 9, and 1000 yards using .308.

I'm from the DFW area. There are a couple of mediocre ranges around town, but the closest one I'd assume to have the capability of holding any type of long range competition is Tac-Pro, west of here. I know they've got a 1000 yd range.

Back