New To Me

mk70ss

Bought this High Standard Sentinel 9 shot .22 magnum today. Blued with wood grips….so much better than all the newer plastic stuff for my tastes.

How's the trigger?

Small frame rimfire revolvers tend to have heavy double action triggers, how is the old HS in this regard?
I mostly shoot single action.

I used to have a High Standard "Camp Gun", which is the same as the Sentinel Mark IV but with a six inch barrel. even with the longer tube, those .22 magnum rounds would really bark and the powder flash was pretty impressive when shooting at dusk.
Gary

My Dad had one of the original Sentinals. 6" barrel looked just like a .38 Special until you saw the holes. All steel, I think it had wood grips, don't remember any more. Made by High Standard for High Standard.

Great gun, DA was heavy SA was decent. .22LR (not magnum).

Later versions were made with aluminum cylinders (and I think steel inserts) have seen them at gun shows in the past. Aways passed on them.

Don't know about the MK IV guns, sorry.

"Weren't those made by Dan Wesson for HS?"

According to this, I don't think so.

From an article by Ed Buffaloe:
MK II and MK III. These were rebranded Dan Wesson .357 Magnum revolvers. They were sold from mid- 1973 through February of 1975. There are persistent rumors that High Standard made the Dan Wesson pistols, but they are completely untrue.

Back