New to me Sig 365-not a good fit

Before I begin, I want to say that I am not disparaging the Sig 365. But I have always advocated that not all guns are a universal Fit for all Shooters.
I recently acquired a Sig 365 from a Club member that wanted to purchase a shotgun that I was selling. He informed me that he was short the full amount for the shotgun. He then asked if I would take a Sig 365 in trade to make up the difference he was short.
I was reluctant. I was with a group of 5 that tested out this gun over a year ago and shot over a thousand rounds through the gun. We all did not endorse the gun for various reasons. I later tested the gun side by side with some other Micro 9mm's. Again same result. I took the trade deal, because I wanted to move the shotgun for the cash and the cost to me for the Sig was only $350.00 to include a Red Dot and two 12 rd magazines.

The Pistol has a good size and weight. It is Snappy compared to other Micro 9mm's I have shot and own in the same class. Not anything you cannot handle but not the smoothest out there. When shooting a lot of rounds down range the gun becomes "Tangy". Or has a unique Vibration that develops and you can feel this by a certain discomfort that I have not experienced before with similar size guns.
While the gun may be a good fit for many, I detest the very narrow Grip to receiver distance. There is very little room for my off hand. And I am convinced that the Off hand grip is essential for proper control of these guns or at least necessary to obtain best results. I would never be able to wear a glove with this gun in winter. Almost too easy now to ride the slide. (which when a group of 5 of us that tested the gun did, even though we warned them to be careful of doing this. The failures we did have, we wrote off to user error)
I do not like a fat Double Stack Magazine. I like the simplicity of a single stack. When I go to load this heavy magazine, I had a hard time at round 10. I now just load up 9 rounds and if I do carry the gun, will most likely just get a 10 rd mag and load up to 9 rds.I am not into over stuffed mags nor into the need for them for Practical EDC.
I am not fond of the trigger of the Sig. Not for EDC. A safety would be my recommendation if carried. I also prefer a DAO or striker fired DAO.
As far as the red dot? Not for me. I prefer to just use the Point and shoot skills I have obtained over the years. I found the Red Dot to be actually slower going to different targets. Of course I could train with it, but have no desire to do so.

The gun runs fine, no hiccups. I am sure others will love the gun for all the reasons I do not. Or just feel differently. I will most likely trade this gun in the future.

Again, this is just my Opinion for my personal taste of likes and dislikes for a EDC. I will stick with the guns I now have. Just NOT a right fit for me. To those that own them, then I say Congrats, you have a fine gun.
But one shoe does NOT fit all.

w2kcTpi.jpg

Last edited:
Well....Trading for the wrong gun beats marrying the wrong person.

Thats the bright side. :)

Sometimes its good to learn what you don't like.

One of those Magula or Maglula or however they spell it makes loading stiff spring double stacks easy. They sort of work like a Pez dispenser only in reverse.

The market is pretty hot for those guns right now. There is a hungry buyer out there with some cash. Don't let go too easy.

Before I begin, I want to say that I am not disparaging the Sig 365. But I have always advocated that not all guns are a universal Fit for all Shooters.

I hear ya !
That's one of the big problems with gun ownership, you have spend the money and own them to figure out what works for you.

Case in point: I spent $2400 hundred dollars on Glocks to finally realize why I can't shoot them without malfunctions. That 'funky' grip angle.
And if I got half my money back when I sold them I was lucky.

All the time spent, the ammo cost, etc. One of the big lessons learn was be careful what you hear on the internet.
They are good guns, just not in my hand. (note how I said hand I don't shoot pistols or revolvers with two hands)

I decided the best EDC for me is one I’ll carry every day regardless of wardrobe choices, that is unlikely to accidentally shoot me in the leg, that I can comfortably shoot with accuracy, that will be an effective deterrent in most encounters, and that I won’t worry about if the police confiscate it while investigating any activity in which it was used. The optimal solution will be different for different people.

The p365 is a great gun. But it won't fit everyone or meet everybodies needs perfectly. Thankfully we have lots of great options these days.

The P365 was more snappy than other micros in your opinion?

You've kinda spoken about the P365 a lot but this is your first outing?
Read the post. This is not my first outing with the P365. The trade was part of a negotiation. I actually came out ahead. If I sell it, trade it or even keep it. I have not lost.
Regardless, the owner of the Shotgun is happy with the deal and so am I.

That looks like it’s either the X or XL.

I like mine overall, but as you said each to his own. Given what you got it for you should easily be able to make your money back and more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was suppose to meet my son at the range today. I could not make it. He came buy and picked up the gun. If he wants it fine. I will give it to him. He did say a couple of things. He might want it to train with the red dot. However he is set to do a tour in Iraq soon, so he felt that he did not want me to have to sit on it for a year. That actually does not bother me. Who knows, he may love the gun.
The gun has a actual cash value. From what I have seen, the cost I paid is about what others are paying for a SSCY.

Last edited:
Exactly . . .

Some time ago I posted about all the handguns I ran through before I settled on a carry gun. The sig 365 works well in my hands and at 7 yards I can get tight groups in the center of the target. So yeah, the sig is one of my two main carry guns.

As the OP makes clear, one has to go with what works for them.

Lifeisgood
Prof Young

Back