New to me S&W 19-3

Sergeant

Went out and shot a new piece to my collection. The K frame S&W 357 Mag (19-3) was so smooth and accurate. Nice having the adjustable site that my 10-6 38 Spcl does not have. Both are very smooth and fun shooters.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
The model 19 is my favorite firearm period. I have a 4 inch -3 and a 6 inch -4. The balance is perfect for me and with factory target stocks im scary accurate with them. I would love to see pics of the new revolver! What length barrel does your gun have?

The first revolver I ever bought was a nickel model 19 with a 6" barrel. It is a favorite today in my collection and will never get sold. Lots of other guns have come and gone but nothing ever comes close to my model 19. Congrats on the addition.

I also love my ole heavy barrel model 10.

SW model 19-3 four inch blue was my "grail" gun. Saw a lot of other 19s -4 or -5. Every 19-3 I came across wasn't in the LNIB condition I was seeking or the 4 inch model I was seeking(passed on a couple snubbies like a dope). I finally found one on gunbroker and made a bid, after a few stiff drinks. Mistake. I won the auction but I overpaid. Nonetheless I was happy to have my grail gun on the way.

Of course while my check was clearing and I was waiting for the gun to ship, I found one at the Lima ,OH gun show in mint condition for $150 less. Haha. But my 19-3 is the only pistol I own that I can get a 25 yd bullseye with. Super accurate gun and what a nice trigger.

Congrats on your new Smith and Wesson I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

My 19-4, 4" is one of three nickel-plated guns I own and the only magnum that is pinned and recessed. The recently replated cylinder looks like new. No other flaws, yet is still one of my shooters. Really works well for me.

Enjoy that 19-3. What's it look like?

Howdy

I bought my Model 19-3 brand-spanky new in 1975. It cost all of $135 back then, but $135 went a lot further than it does today. I still have the box and all the goodies. Note: even though this one has the 6" barrel, the paperwork called it the .357 Combat Magnum. Combat Magnums usually had 4" barrels.

I will never sell my Model 19-3.

Model_19-2_zpsdc8c8de7.jpg

model19-302_zps9caebca8.jpg

I really like my 10-6, that is accurate, but the 19-3 seemed to group better. Both are 4" barrels and seem identical except the adjustable sights on the 19-3. But for what ever reason, the 19-3 grouped better.

I added the comparison pic of my 2 k frames to the original post.

The Model 19 was the first handgun I ever purchased. Skeeter Skelton and Bill Jordan had convinced me it was the best "all-round" handgun a fellow could buy. I haven't seen much to change my mind since then. I've probably owned a dozen or more over the years, if you include it's sibling, the Model 66.

Today I've only got one, a -4 that I think I'll hold onto.

I have been singing the praises of the Model 19 as the single greatest combination of ergonomics, size, portability, shootability, power, functionality, etc., ever put into a single handgun.

I have 3 Model 19s...

a 2.5", a 4", and a 6".

I'd never, ever get rid of the 4". It would be the last gun that would go.

Back