New to me Italian Navy clone, and Nipples question

Chainsaw.

Hey guys! Excited as I just picked up an Italian knock off 1860 Navy cap and ball pistol. Cant wait to go play.

The pistol needs a couple of nipples, 6 x .75. Is there a source for nipples that DONT cost $10 a piece?

Thanks!

A navy is supposed to be a .36 caliber but Pietta makes an 1851 in .44. An 1851 navy has an octagonal barrel and an 1860 army .44 has a round barrel and an 1862 navy has a round barrel like the 1860 but is a .36.

The 1861 Navy looks like a scaled down 1860 Army. The 1862 Police model has a fluted cylinder and a shorter barrel.

Shot the revolver today, good times! All shots had good ignition.

On a crappy note, I got home, cleaned the gun well and promptly lost the front bead somehow! Now how in the world do I fiigure out what thread this thing is so I can replace it? Need a taller bead any way, as with the old one the thing hits about 4" high at 10 yards.

Last edited:
Here's how I do it:

--Removed the front sight (lifted it out of the hole) and epoxied a cut off #4X3/4" brass flat head phillips wood screw (upside down). This fix made a nice tall bead/post that a little cold bluing "ages" nicely and it looks good if you don't goop too much epoxy onto the barrel. Cut, size, & shape the "bead" before you glue it on. The simplest fix I've found so far for Navies.

I'd show a closeup but this website won't let me upload it to this rely. I've already uploaded it on another link at this site but it is a PITA to send you elsewhere.:mad:

Hellgate, thanks for the suggestion, Ill give it a whirl.

I got my nipples delivered......:rolleyes: which mean I can shoot all six. Now for some real deal black powder.

Thanks guys.

Back