New to me (but really old) The British Bulldog revolver.

Centurion

Bought it at a local auction some time ago. It is in good condition and according to its proof marks it was manufactured before 1892. Looks like a very good made belgian copy of a Webley model 2 "The British Bulldog".

Caliber seems to be 450 Adams but my 455 Webley with 230 grains LRN bullets can also be loaded due to chamber's profiles, which are conical.

Attachments

• TBB1.jpg
    TBB1.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 308
  • TBB2.jpg
    TBB2.jpg
    652.5 KB · Views: 229
  • TBB3.jpg
    TBB3.jpg
    592 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Very cool! If it was mine I would come up with a way to load black powder rounds for it. And I would have to have a period correct (1880s or early 1890s) shoulder holster to wear under my Sack Coat or Frock Coat. (smile)

Dave

For sure I will load some black powder rounds to test it... I'll post some comments about its performance after that.

Very nice! Looks like it's maybe 10 years old! I love the four groove riflings, they rifled back then like they really meant something by it, as in, no wearing those out.

Totally. It looks like recently manufactured even having more than 130 years old...I cannot wait to next weekend to shoot it...

Really great. I had one once but the nickel was not near that nice. I did shoot it and it was fun. Wish I hadn't sold it but the high bid was twice what I paid for it, so I let it go. That was before I learned you can never replace those. Oh well.

For sure. I would let a Glock go, but never one of these. Working pieces from +130 years ago are turning very scarce day after day...

WOW, very NICE!

Don't use (my favorite) Hoppe's No. 9 on it -- I've been told it can lift the nickle plating over time. (Or any solvent with ammonia in it...)

Not 100% sure if that's true, but based on condition -- I would baby that baby!

Old No7

Finally made a test of some BP loads thru it. Obtained velocities from 580 to 620 fps for 230 grains bullet. Not bad considering its size and barrel lenght. Surely this Bulldog can both bark and bite!

Back