New to me and questions

pck823

Was at the local pawn shop and made an impulse purchase of an integrally supressed Ruger Mk III made by Johns Guns in Plano Tx. From the little I know about the value of guns like this I thought it was a great buy at 800 bucks. What do you all think? Let the waiting begin!

Are these decent pistols? What do I need to know that's not obvious? Thanks in advance.

IMG00041.jpg

IMG00042.jpg

Last edited:
78 views and not one comment? Not even a "...you got ripped off dude!"

Just looking to hear from those of you with more NFA experience whether or not this is a good/bad buy and what sort of care and feeding does this style of supressor require...:(

You are the one that bought it. Why don't you tell us.

Is it a sealed can or is it possible to take the suppressor apart for cleaning?

You will need to clean the bolt/action area much more often than you would with a regular Ruger Mk III.

I was wondering the same thing - how do you clean it? How is it constructed? Integrally suppressed Mark II's are supposed to be nearly silent (except for the action). Value? Hard to say - I thought these sell for between $600 and $800 - but I'm going on old data.

Well, what I didn't mention was that this is the first NFA and first supressor/supressed weapon I've purchased so I can't say for sure. Looking at the business end of the weapon, it looks like there are two opposing holes that look to be for a spanner/pin wrench to remove the end off of the supressor so my guess is that it is removable and thusly cleanable.

I've heard through various sources (that are more or less internet trolls) that John's Guns makes a fine weapon. The only other I've seen like this are the integrally supressed Gemtech Oasis (that is no longer offered) and the Amphibian made by AWC. That's all I know.

A little conversation never hurt anyone and that's all I'm really after;)

The integrally suppressed 22's from John's Guns do come apart for cleaning you need a tool like this or a pin wrench to get the end cap off. For $800 it sounds like an ok buy if it's in good shape new the list for $995.

Joat

I've heard through various sources (that are more or less internet trolls)
So, you mean people like the ones that may be responding to your thread?

.22 cans are dry cans.

There is no reason you couldn't shoot it wet if you wanted. It might be even more ridiculously quiet.

My .22 Sig Mosquito/Spectre is as quiet to my ear as my buddy's AWC Amphibian. I would liken the two of them to a cap pistol.

Your mileage may vary and all that stuff.

I have bought products from John's Guns for almost 20yrs now.

Never have I known them to be from Plano TX.

Current production is in Coleman TX.

Anyway it should be the newest design since it is a MKIII and should come with a takedown tool that fits a std. 3/8" ratched drive.

you are going to want to clean the baffle stack every 500 rnds or so, if you got 2000 you will most likely never get it apart.

Well, the few notes I jotted down when I saw it showed on the receiver:
John's Guns
Plano (or Pals?), TX
P-1275
Serial # 227-03XXX

Maybe a fake?

The owner was not willing to demo the pistol for you? Post on SilencerTalk and there should be someone who has one and can offer an opinion.

Ranb

It was an impulse purchase at a pawn shop that doesn't have a range they did offer the opportunity to shoot it but I went ahead and bought it. It is second hand and there is no box or pin wrench for the end of the can. I can make one fairly easily. I have to go back in this weekend to give them the fingerprint cards and pics for the paperwork. I'll take pics of the barrel markings.

Not a good move. It could be a quality made piece that is full of gunk and shooting loud. If it needs service, then any good class 2 can probably do it.

Ranb

Back