New Titanium Snubbie

bfj2

Another revolver type I am looking into getting is a titanium snubbie in 44spl, 357mag or 45lc. So my question is: Which one do you like the best?

I think I will get the 44spl. So far all of my revolvers are 44mag. This way I can use the 44spl in them and in a way not have to change caliber. I am also already getting 44spl for my Derringer Cowboy Defender. It can take 44mag but is a whole nicer on my hand with 44spl.

I do plan on getting some 357mag guns. I am just not sure if I want to start with this one or an SS 4" barrel. (Which is why I am asking the question.)

I am almost sure that it will not be in 45lc but I thought I would add it to see if anyone else likes it. Besides I have a friend that has one and I might be able to get it from him cheap.

By all means

ALWAYS get a gun from a friend cheap. It keeps everyone happy...;) except the gun shops. This way you can check the configuration and handleing before ya buy it. I'm a true SMITH & WESSON fan, just about all I own at the moment/always, but I pard had a lightweight ported Taurus that was a blast-really. Sometimes I think we're all chaseing 'the gun' for every situation but I'm just as bad with my snub .44 Smiths. I serious about getting some more Mountain Guns in .45ACP. For me, there about T H E do all piece.Loaded up with 270/275 grainers running at 1150 to 1200 and accurate they look overall very appealing. Side-arm, hunting, glovebox...... Best....dewey

bfj2,

I was in the same boat as you, except I was trying to decide between .45 L.C. and .357 'cause that's what most of my other revolvers are. I finally went with the .357 because I had a bunch of 7 shot speedloaders already. I may have come up with a new "excuse to buy a new gun" with that logic.
I have somewhat mixed feelings about my new Taurus titanium snubby. On the plus side, it is a joy to carry and the recoil isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. On the minus side, it was a little bit rough out of the box. The trigger pull was heavy and gritty. It seems to be getting a lot better with use, but I predict a trigger job in the near future.

I've always been partial to .357 due to it being the first revolver I've owned. I went that route so the wifey could shoot .38 but seems she likes shooting the .357 rounds better. Now that I have one .357 I will be looking for the .45 LC as well as 454 to add to my collection.

The .45 LC will be a Ruger Vaquero and the 454 in Ruger Super Redhawk.

I have nothing to add to this conversation but I would like to know how it goes when you make a decision.

I am thinking about the Taurus titanium in either .44 spl or .45lc. If you get one of these I certainly want to know how it goes. I love .357s (I currently own one, a S&W 65 with a 3" barrel) but I would prefer a new caliber or two to add to the collection before getting more .357s (though if you get one of those I'd also be interested to hear about it- again I love .357s).

I'm also interested in finding out about other snub and 3" revolvers in .44 spl or .45lc as I am thinking generally about a big bore revolver (but not a target model).

Back