New Taurus Ti .45 Colt

JerryM

Anyone have one of these or another caliber in the same Ti series? How do you like it? Have you found a holster for it? Jerry

I have a Taurus Total Titanium Model 85 38 snubbie. So far it has performed perfectly. Very light, good quality, and it ALWAYS gets compliments at the range.
I holster it in a simple black Uncle Mikes hip holster.
Oh, don't shoot leaded ammo has leaded ammo really gets the ports and front sight dirty.
The Ti series are very cool guns, and I highly recomend them.

taurusm85ti.jpg

I had a Ti in .45 Colt. Some parts I liked, others I didn't.

I liked:
The weight
the caliber
the way it shot
the accuracy

I didn't like:
That it was billed as a +P rated gun but would lock up every time I shot heavy loads (Corbon personal protection loads)
The b/c gap was too tight and made the cylinder lock up after a lot of shooting.
I sent it back and Taurus made the b/c gap better, but it would still lock up under heavy loads (not related to b/c gap).

I sold it. My next gun will probably be a short barrelled Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley in .45 Colt. It will handle the loads.

I have the 617Ti .357 magnum. Light-weight, accurate and super controllable. Don't let any of those guys who have never shot a Taurus To revolver tell you how "it would really hurt, blah blah blah...".

Well, trust me...it doesn't!!!!I could put as rounds as I wanted in a session and never be sore. I'm sure it would be the same with the .44 and .45. It's comforatble and controllable, but you can feel the power ;). The combination of the porting and grips does an AWESOME job.

Besides, the advantages of titanium are pretty BIG:
chemically inert- will not corrode
lighter than steel
stronger than steel
extremely high cool factor ;)

I know I'm being long winded, but I have owned several Smith & Wessons and Colts. Don't get me wrong, they were excellent guns, but I have been just thrilled with my Taurus. I have wanted one of these ever since they first came out - and when I finally got one, I was NOT dissapointed.
Also do I need to mention comparative price? For what you are getting I think it is dirt cheap.

This gun goes with me everywhere.

Well, I guess my post doesn't mean anything since my revolver is obviously inferior and poorly made according to WESHOOT2.

WESHOOT2 may have gotten a lemon, which can happen in ANY make including Ruger.

The "Taurus is crap, Ruger rules, Smith is crap, Colt rules, etc etc......" Is very immature in my opinion. I get tired of seeing those kind of posts.

They all make excellent products....I have owned them ALL.

Some people get a lemon somtimes...in ANY make -it happens.

Get over it.

ZackG27,
Is your .357 on the same frame as the .45 LC? I am thinking it is with the .357 a 7 shot and the .45 a 5 shot. I have a friend who has the .45LC and can't find a holster. What holster(s) do you have? Thanks, Jerry

Uh, my point was no one makes a custom serious-duty gun from a Taurus.

(My off-body "always" is a Taurus.)

Quit yer' whinin'

I've got one of these in stainless. While it's not a tank like my Ruger, it's a solid performer. I haven't had problems with it locking up.

Besides which, Ruger doesn't make a snub-nose .45 Colt. As far as I know, Taurus is the only one. Taurus seems to innovate a lot more than most, now that I think about it. This could explain some of their engineering problems. When was the last time Ruger did anything radical?

Ruger Radical: 44 mag revolver [working from the outside and still had them on the shelves at same time as S&W], 416 Rigby Bolt action factory rifle, 480 Ruger?

I would like to see a 5 shot Redhawk\GP100 snub variant in 44 & 45.

Jerry,

Let me suggest you visit the http://www.sixgunner.com message board and post a question for Tinker.

Tinker has a Taurus .45 LC as his primary CCW piece. I know he recently bought a new holster for it, but do not remember the style or maker. Tinker has had lots of good things to say about his Taurus. I'd buy one myself if I could find one in the gun cases to see how I like the feel.

Doc

Doc Hudson,
Thanks for the link. I think my friend has ordered one from someone. I learned that FIST makes one. I want to visit the forum anyway. Thanks again. Jerry

Back