New Taurus Model 85

Rob96

Well, today I picked up a new Taurus M85 for $230. I really like the way this gun feels. What loads seem to work the best for you other Taurus owners?

Nice purchase Rob. I plan on a Taurus 38 myself soon. IMHO, I think +P is the only way to go in 38spl. One that really stands out is the Cor-Bon 38+P's. They're stout but they could be the most effective also. Wasn't that a great price? Hard to imagine getting a decent gun in the low two's. Good Luck, J. Parker

I have a Total Titanium and a Stainless Taurus Model 85. Is yours ported? If so, stay far away from anything with lead. Lead will make the ports and front sight really dirty. Besides that, my Model 85s pretty much swallow whatever I feed them. Great guns!

my2taurus38s.jpg

actally with reguards to lead i find that it doesn't matter how much lead i put thru the barrel, as long as i fallow it up with about 25 jacketed bullets at the end of the range session , that usually clears and actually cleans the ports and burns the crud out of them. i also find that putting as many as 50 rounds thru the barrel will clean the leadding out of the bore quite effectively. moly coating the bore will also help with cleaning if that is a problem.

Back