New Taurus Model 650(CopyS&W342JFrame)

Stoic

Has anyone handled or purchased a new Taurus Model 650? It's a copy of S&W's 342 J frame. It should be offerred in 38 and 357mag. What's the street price going to be and when is the release date?

Does it have the built-in, non-removable gun lock (a political sellout as well as a great place for murphy to show up) like the other Tauri? Is it heavier than a SW342PD or SW340PD? Will it have !@#$%^&* ports?

The only one that I have read about is called an 850, IIRC. They are marketing it as a 'CIA', for 'carry it always'.:) It is their take on the Centennial design, with a totally enclosed hammer. AFAIK, it is to be offered in .38 only, with all-stainless, Total Ti or Ultra-Light Ti construction

Cuerno, I'm not flaming; but, I wonder why this totally unobtrusive little locking button chaps you so badly?:D
I mean, it's not like you HAVE to use it. IMO, they are just doing their level best to swim faster than the sharks in the water, legally speaking. What with Mass., and some other states, going over to such mandatory requirementts, it seems to make sense to maintain an edge in marketing.

I know what my problem with the little "safety" is, you can't take it off safe in a hurry. So if murphy steps in and it happens to be on safe when you really need it your stuck with an impact weapon.

If you want a DA revolver to be "safe" stick a plastic coated padlock, I use Masterlock's all weather style, behind the trigger inside the trigger guard or open cylinder and put padlock around the topstrap so cylinder can't be closed. Or if your real worried put one padlock in each location.

As I believe Capstick said, the loudest noise in the world is a click when you expect a bang.

Also with the Taurus, or other type of built in safety, I think people will tend to think the gun is "safe" just because it is [supposedly] on safe...and then fail to take proper safety precautions.

"I mean, it's not like you HAVE to use it. IMO, they are just doing their level best to swim faster than the sharks in the water, legally speaking. What with Mass., and some other states, going over to such mandatory requirementts, it seems to make sense to maintain an edge in marketing"

JUST LIKE THE SMITH AND WESSON AGREEMENT.

Besides I truly HATE the feature. I don't want a ******* built-in, non-removable gun lock. I won't buy a gun with one. And I'll always ***** about them when I have the opportunity.

It is just more parts that can and will **** up.

It's a feature that anti-gunners want us to ruin our guns with. It is an anti-gunner victory every time a Taurus or Rem 700 is sold with this POS.

IT IS A GIGANTIC LEAP IN THE WRONG DIRECTION. When you have to have a ******* decoder ring to shoot a new gun, people will be 'koo koo over coco puffs' about that too. It just won't be me.

I guess that it is my line in the sand. Kind of like other people's line in the sand is an agreement that has never been enforced and probably never will.

go to http://www.lisc.net

this is the site for the Long Island Shooting center. they have all the new Taurus models listed. Including pricing. There prices are pretty good. They also have a Taurus raging bull listed in .480 Ruger. Also a 10 shot .32.

"It is just more parts that can and will **** up.
It's a feature that anti-gunners want us to ruin our guns with."

I'm told that the same reasoning surfaced when:
Herr Luger 'improved' the Bourchart(sp?) w/the P'08,
JMB put thumb and grip-safeties on his design(1911),
Saive(sp?) put a mag-disconnect in the P-35 design,
Walther made a service-size auto w/DA trigger(P38),
S&W improved their wheelguns with the 'Triple lock',
Ruger introduced the transfer bar in their revolvers,
H&K rehashed the whole idea of a 'squeeze cocker'(P7),
Colt re-introduced the Series 80 firing pin system,
etc., etc.;)

But, I do understand your overall reasoning, and political outlook.:D:D:D