New Taurus 85

38Mike

I wanted a 38 special revolver to keep my P9 company, recently picked up a good used model 10, but it was a little too large..had my heart set on a snubby.

So, I'm in local shop and he's got two 85s, one plain stainless, and one stainless ultralight. After giving them a thorough once over, I end up buying the regular stainless 85. Seemed like a nice gun..dealer assured me of the improvement of Taurus quality...I've bashed Taurus pretty good here, based on my expereience with my 445. We'll give 'em another chance and see what happens :) Pick it up tomorrow night (end of my city ordinance 5 day waiting period for law abiding citizens :mad: )

Wish me luck......:)

Mike M.

I picked up a M85UL a while back. Fairly decent revolver. Conceal better, and is lighter, than my Smith model 60. Have had no problems with it. My preferred carry is the Smith for the .357, but I have no problems with carrying the .38 M85. At self defense ranges, both should stop a perp with a couple of solid hits. The .38 was the choice of LEOs for years and years.

Welcome to the club :) I've owned 2 M85 Taurus, one standard and my current CH version and loved both of them. My CH has a pretty good trigger pull, smooth enough that it doesn't hinder accuracy out to 30 feet or more and lighter than you'd expect. Far lighter double action than any of my other revolvers.

What I'd really like is to get my hands on one of the new Taurus CIA versions.

Many here have great things to say about their Taurus 85's. I wouldn't hesitate to invest in one if the need arose.

This is my second 85, had one about 9 years ago; of the 3 Tauri I've owned, it was the best..looking for good things...

thanks for the replies..

Mike M.

I've carried a 85 UL for about 2 years in my front right pocket. About every two weeks I put 20 rounds through it. No problems at all and I am suprise by its accuaracy.

Back