New Simmons

Joel Harmon

I need a scope for my new Savage rifle but I don't want to break the bank. I went to Midway's web site and if you buy one of their Simmons scopes online it would cost $100. Do any of you shooters think this is a good deal considering:
4-12X adjustable objective
1/4 MOA adjustments
One inch tube
Regular price = $175

I think that the $100 is a good price but I would like to know what you all think of Simmons quality. I plan to take up varmint shooting and will also use this rifle for my usual target practising.

Thanks in advance,

Joel

You didn't mention the caliber rifle it is going on. I would not put this scope on anything larger than a .243, and that is a stretch. I feel the recoil would be hard on this scope.

Jim Hall

Joel,
You didn't mention what model scope you are looking at. I have a Simmons Deerfield scope on my .223. While the optics aren't as bright as their top of the line scopes its a good scope for the price.

Magnum Man

Sorry I forgot to type in those things.
Scope is a "Whitetail 4-12X WA AO Matte Granite Finish". I will be using this on a rifle that fires .223. So now what do you say?

Joel

I ordered the same scope from Midway for my CZ .223. It should arrive in a few days. I'll post a review after I put it through the paces.

Don't worry about the recoil I had one on my 12 guage slug gun in 1.5-5 and had no problems, only got rid of it after it was in a house fire.

What of the 2x and 4x fixed power shotgun scopes? Saw one of the 4x diamondplex reticles for $35 used, seems to have extra eye relief ( which helps, I've a short neck and would otherwise need to shorten the stock ) and plan to mount it on a CZ527 mannlicher 223 as soon as rings come in. Believe it has 1/2 moa adjustments instead of 1/4 - I should be so good to hit w/in 1/2" of poa. The 2x one sounds almost a scout wannabe. Should be set for fairly short parellax (sp?) so worst comes to worst I stick it on a 22rf. The 7.62x39 is supposed to be out next month. Those would make a nice little varminter and nice little whitetail rifle which just incidentally happen to use the two most popular military calibers.

hey.i have bauch and lomb 4x12x40 matt AO elite 3000 on closeout for $250.00 this is ine great scope.6153523091

Back